Thursday 12 April 2012

Making a video advertisment for TRA.

Yesterday, roblox officially released a new feature. Place galleries. This new feature includes the ability to upload pictures and videoes to your places. I decided to make one for darox II. I know I haven't done much in TRA lately, but I love making videoes, and this seems really fun. Especially since the video will be seen by thousands of people at roblox. My goal is to create the best place advertisment ever! (Not very hard since so few have been made.) Hopefully it will continue to impress people even after video advertisments become common.

My first challenge was to find fitting music for my video. I allways get inspired by the music I use. After browsing youtube for a while, I settled on the official battlefield 3 theme. I looked around youtube to see what other people hade done with it, but I was suprised to find very few videoes with the song. This lead me to thinking that the song might be copyrighted, but I continued with the project anyway. The evening went on planning the scenes, and writing the script, but the chance of my video being instantly removed from youtube was hounting me.

I have had my video removed before, an epic TRA advert that never saw the light of day. I used days on it, just to have it removed from youtube instantly. I should have known that the song I used, the transformers soundtrack, was copyrighted. Anyways, back to the TRA recruitment video, when I was done with the manuscript, I decided to check if the music was indeed copyrighted. I tweeted the official battlefield support center, but right as I did it, they stopped responding to tweets. I did not give up, I wanted that song. 30 minutes later, I had tweeted every single lead developer at DICE, sadly it seemed they had all gone to bed, so my efforts stopped there.

The next morning, I still did not have a reply, so I went to school thinking if I would ever be able to use the song. I was relieved when I found that someone had tweeted me. It was one of the developers at DICE, he said I probably would have to pay for the lincence, although there was a chance no one would care if I used the song. Unsecure as I was, I was still not satisfied with the answer, I wanted to know if I could use the song or not. The search went back to youtube, and to my relief I found a video with the song creator's name in it. A quick google search, and five minutes later the email was sent. Now I just have to wait for the reply. Let's hope that I can use the song.

1 comment:

  1. Nooooo, I need 1000 R$ D: Once I make a video, people always like it :3

    ReplyDelete