Monday 16 April 2012

The work behind "The Robloxian Army in 30 seconds."

Most of you have probably seen my newest video by now. If not, you can check it out here. In this blog post, I will explain the work behind it.

Every proper video I make starts with music. Be it a funny sketch, or a recruitment video. For this one, I wanted to use the battlefield 3 theme. I was not sure if it was copyrighted or not, so I spent days contacting different people at EA asking for permission to use the song. In the end I ended up uploading a random video with the song, to test the copyright my self. It was not copyrighted, so I started work on the film part.

I had allready written the manuscript while waiting for EA to reply to my messages about the song. So the only thing left to do was record everything, and edit it together. I worked on a tight scheme, because I wanted to finish the video in the weekend. I built sets, recorded and edited for three days, and the 3rd day it was done. I had compressed two hours of recordings into 30 seconds.

Both the recording and editing part were pretty easy, I got a couple of my friends to act, and then recorded some nice scenes. I had most of it planned allready, but sometimes I come up with super ideas while filming. The tank and plane scenes were both figured out on set. I use ScreenFlow to record.

The editing part was probably the most fun to do. I use final cut express, and I am quite good with it. The four scenes in one part with the jet was pretty awesome to do. Originally I did not plan for it to be there, but I had so many jet clips and so little time. I just smashed them all together and it looked goid. The part I am the least happy about was the end. I kinda rushed it because I was going to visit someone. Rushed projects rarely turn out great.

I hope the video was as fun to wach as it was a learning experience to me. -Tonitoni

2 comments:

  1. Must've been a challenge, I can see. But you've leaped over your challanges before, and it was well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey tonitoni can u email me a link 2 that video my email is bartlett.gabriel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete